- 2 lumps in the lining of Billy's coat
2. What does Lazzaro say is the sweetest thing in life? What story does he tell to prove his point?
- how he put sharp points into a steak, which he then fed to a dog that had bitten him and watched him suffer as they cut up his insides
3. How does Billy die?
- killed by Lazzaro
- "You needn't worry about bombs, by the way."
5. What color are the dead hobo's feet? Where else is it referenced in the book?
- "blue and ivory"
- pg. 28 "His bare feet were blue and ivory."
- pg. 65 "There was so much to see... corpses with bare feet that were blue and ivory."
- pg. 72-75 "He looked down at his bare feet. They were ivory and blue... [he] padded downstairs on his blue and ivory feet... Out he went , his blue and ivory feet crushing the wet salad of the lawn."
- pg. 80 "Billy Pilgrim was lying at an angle on the corner-brace, self-crucified, holding himself there with a blue and ivory claw hooked over the sill of the ventilator."
6. Describe the Americans' arrival in Dresden.
- the Dresdeners viewed the Americans as fools
- a doctor was offended by Billy's outfit, thinking he was making fun of the war
7. Describe the Americans' "home away from home."
- an unused slaughterhouse with bunks, stoves, a water tap, and a latrine, which consisted of a rail fence with buckets under it