- his trip back to Dresden with O'Hare, he imagined dropping bombs on the places they were flying over
2. Who/what is a Maori?
- a native from New Zealand
3. What stunk like "mustard gas and roses"? In what other situation is this description from?
- the "rotted and liquefied" bodies
- Vonnegut's breath when he is drunk
4. How does the Maori POW die?
- died of the "dry heaves after having been ordered to go down in that stink and work. He tore himself to pieces, throwing up and throwing up."
5. What new technique for disposing of the corpses is devised?
- cremated by flamethrowers
6. Why was Edgar Derby arrested and shot?
- he stole a teapot from "the catacombs"
7. What does the bird say to Billy Pilgrim? Why?
- to show that there is no answer as to how something as horrific as the bombing of Dresden could happen